Monday, July 4, 2011

Phở- Vietnamese Noodle Soup

If you haven't tried it, do!!  This full flavored bowl of broth and noodles will definitely warm you up and fill your tummy!  According to Wikipedia:

Phở (Vietnamese pronunciation: is a Vietnamese noodle soup, usually served with beef (phở bò) or chicken (phở gà).[1]The soup includes noodles made from rice and is often served with Vietnamese basillimebean sprouts that are added to the soup by the diner.

I started my journey moving to Seattle, from Denver, Colorado.  When I arrived I noticed all these restaurants with the word "Pho" in them.  I quickly checked them out, as I am a foodie at heart!  To my surprise Pho was a incredible Vietnamese soup that is full of flavor, a rich and enhancing broth, with plenty of condiments to put in your pho!  I was hooked immediately!  This was the beginning!

I work at a Hospital here in Seattle, and many of my coworkers and friends would talk about Pho, and would frequent these restaurants to have his addicting soup!  I figured "Sean why not make a club!" This club would be open to anyone, I would make this on club on Facebook for all to see!  This was a rather exciting experiment to see how many people would be interested.  I deemed the club "The Seattle Pho-Natics".   After a few months, we had over 100 members!!  Once I had a few members, I made some people have titles such as "President"- me, "Vice President"- Tracy, "Treasurer"- Jay and so on.  I thought "well if this club is taking off, we should have club tee shirts!"  So to the drawing board I went.  Myself and Tracy (the clubs vice president) designed the new club shirt.  On the back of our shirts would be our club name and a hand holding chopsticks.  On the front of the shirt, we printed "Di an Pho", meaning "Go get or eat Pho".  The shirts would be black with red writing.  I ordered the shirts (with a great turnout of orders from our members) and was very happy with the design and quality!  We were officially a PHO CLUB!  We would have our first club meeting in Seattle and this is when it all began.......  This blog is to share my experience with the club I created over 2 years ago, the journeys we have had, the restaurants we have been to, the overwhelming success we have had!  I will also post our reviews to the restaurants we have visited on this site, as YELP has told me that we cant do "group" reviews on their website, so therefore they will be put on my blog!
Come share with me, the exciting and tasty world of PHO, and the people such as I, who love this Vietnamese Noodle Soup!
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment